Thursday 23 February 2017

The Sun Is Also a Star

the sun is also a star by nicola yoon
Book name: The Sun is also a Star
Author: Nicola Yoon
Genre: Young Adult- Contemporary 
Standalone/Series: Standalone
Publishing Date: 1 November 2016
My Rating: ★★★★★
Goodreads

Goodreads Summary:

Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?





This book left me speechless and after completing it I just sat there staring at the wall, smiling, and wondering if everything is already written somewhere-what happened, what is happening, and what will happen. If there is actually something called destiny. This book made me want to believe in love and experience it. Nicola Yoon is definitely one of my favorite authors now and I am looking forward to reading ‘Everything Everything’ by her too. It was a really short read because it highlights the happenings of only the one day Natasha and Daniel meet and their lives change forever, and everything goes really fast.
 I could strongly relate with the female protagonist of the story- Natasha. She is a science geek and doesn't believe in philosophy or love and all, but Daniel (the male protagonist) made her. There is a line in the book that reads-

“I know there’s no such thing as meant-to-be, and yet here I am wondering if maybe I've been wrong.”
It makes you wonder the same thing as well
Daniel is my bae. He is so outgoing and such a great dreamer. He is lovely, handsome, sexy, just everything. He wants to flow with the wind and see what life has in store for him. I seriously wonder why the perfect boys are found only in books?! I love him a lot and he is also one of my book boyfriends now.
Both the main characters have distinct voices and that is something I love about this book a lot. Their thoughts don’t mingle at all and it was such a tragically beautiful journey to see them get together. This book got my hopes high a lot but at the same time remained down to earth and bought everything back to reality and the world we are actually living in and I think this is what a contemporary is all about.

One very interesting thing about this book is that it tells a small history, fact or story about everything/every person they meet who made their day go the way it did. These small facts and stories were what I actually looked for in the whole book (give or take).
There were so many quotes and lines in this book that left a never-ending impact on me. This book changed me, I don’t know in what way, all I know is that I am not the same person I was before reading it.
Initially I thought if this book was just so famous because of its beautiful and photogenic cover and believe me, I am ashamed of that thought. If you also have the same doubt then believe me, you’re wrong. If you love contemporary but are looking for something new or you want to try contemporary then this is book is a must read!

If my thoughts made you want to read the book then I was successful. Now when you've read the book then come back again for the book chat.












No comments:

Post a Comment