Monday 20 March 2017

Midnight Castle- A Souls of Darkness Novel


Book name: Midnight Castle- A Souls of Darkness Novel
Author: Prem K. Kaur
Genre: YA paranormal  romance
Standalone/Series: Series- 1st Book
Publishing Date: April 30th 2017
My Rating: ★★★★★



Summary:
A sibling is a like a rock, the calm behind the shore; little did I know mine would crash like a wave...

Robyn Garrison lived in remorse, in guilt - until the day she got to rectify herself, until the day she finally found out her sister was still alive and breathing. 

She needed one thing only, and that was to free her sister from vampires. So she set off, into the Castle, into the hell she never anticipated she would set foot in. But it would be a breeze! That thought was the only mistake Robyn made. 

Her job of searching for her sister would place Robyn in the midst of blood-sucking creatures and passages with cryptic clues that never ended. Even if the search didn't finally destroy Robyn, succumbing to Dante Ivanov's - a mortal born to protect the vampires - deadly looks, just may. 
His brown wavy locks, captivating eyes, and rippled muscles are the only thing that keeps Robyn going. Too bad they don't get along! 

But Robyn needs her focus, because no matter how captivating and gorgeous Dante may seem, her motive is way beyond him. Each vampire is deadlier than the other, and Robyn soon realizes she would need her wits to find her sister. Or die trying...




I really loved the book a lot and after completing it, my heart craved for more and I can’t wait for the next book in the series to come out to answer all the questions in my mind.

The plot of the book is that a sister wants to save her twin, when she comes to know she is alive after 2 years, for which she would even cross the ocean but actually has to go in the world of vampires and complete her task amidst more than a hundred vampires.

This book has vampires but not in the way other books do, like roaming freely and destroying human kind. The idea in which the ‘world’ of vampires was portrayed in this book was really very unique and I liked it a lot.

I loved the writing style of the author. Whenever Robyn said something stupid it followed with an exclamation like ‘shit’, ‘What!’ etc. and similarly for her other actions as well which I enjoyed a lot.

We get to hear from Robyn’s perspective, who is the protagonist, only, but all the characters and side characters are also very well portrayed and you get to know them all very well.
I got another fictional boyfriend- Dante Ivanov, who is the best and he is just perfect. I love Dante so so soo much. No one can’t not love him!
 Robyn and Dante seem to be made for each other with their small fights and private moments of love. I always looked forward to their moments and it felt that I couldn't get enough of both of them.
Another character I loved is Joy. Besides being a vampire she is outgoing and remains cheerful and I really felt sad for her.
The concept of seekers is a new one for me and I totally agree with Robyn about them being stupid.

 Humorous and Passionate moments were very well balanced. It was a thrilling read as well. You never know what is going to happen next and I was hoping with all my might for the book to not end the way it did.
The book ended in a cliffhanger and I really want more of it!

If you don’t like reading romance or dystopian(it wasn't that unpleasant though) novels then this book won’t be of your taste but if you do then just grab a copy of it and start reading it if you haven't already!

This book was a perfect mixture of adventure, thrill, romance, dystopia, family love and what not. I loved it a lot and am sure you would too!

No comments:

Post a Comment