Sunday 7 January 2018

Top 7 books/series of 2017

First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I hope 2018 is better than 2017 in all aspects and you reach your reading goal too! Well that one is more for me than you as  I got in a slump around the beginning of November and couldn't complete my reading challenge. Anyways I am gonna tell you guys my top 7 reads of 2017 (including series).

So these are all those aWesome books (in no specific order) (NO SPOILERS):

1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

This was such a big surprise right huhuhaha? This series is literally the best that I have read till date. The world created by sjm, the characters , their relationships, everything is just phenomenal and this series is so close to me heart I can't even tell. My favourite book in the series is Queen Of Shadows jusT because of one faVourite scene. People say there are a lot of problems in this series but I feel sjm is working towards those and we are going to see much more representation in the coming books. 

2. A Court of thorns and roses by Sarah J. Maas

Another big surprise for you all! I just love love LOVE this series and the charachters omg are literally THE best! I just love the phenomenal writing style of sjm, she is a queen for me. Also the increasing representation in the third book (ACOWAR) is just aMazing!(I can't tell because sPoilers) but go read it if you haven't already (after finishing reading my post but) Also I can't wait for the upcoming books in the series GAHHH

3. All the bright places by Jennifer Niven

Okay but you neEd to read this aMazing book! I just can't explain the impact this bok and the writing, the charachters just everything about this book had on me! The ending had me crying so hard and time and again I find myself thinking about it flipping through the pages. Just READ IT OKAY! Also, I have a full review for this book (here)

4. Six Of crows by Leigh Bardugo

This is a duo logy that wrecked me. The characters feel so strongly and the best thing about this book is the representation in it. The feelings of the characters are so real, what we say is different from what we think or want, just amazing. This journey was one of THE best for me and you need to go on that journey of ships and sail in the sea (ik my pun game is strong huhu)

5. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

I just finished the last installment (the raven king) few days back in 2018 only AND I AM GOING TO RECOMMEND THIS SERIES BY SHOUTING FROM THE TOP OF EVEREST (if I ever go there that is to say). The magical world created in the real world, seriously hands off to Maggie stiefvater! The characters are just so AMAZING! I just loved her writing style and I now some people have problems with it but I LOVED IT! This book is the epitome of aesthetics really and the real gems are between the lines which I loved the most. JUST READ IT OKAY!

6. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I know I know I am very  late at reading it but I read it at the beginning of 2017 aNd FELL IN LOVE WITH the series! The biggest surprise was Catching Fire. Seriously the ending just blew my mind. The movies were also pretty good but ofcourse I liked the books better. In the last book during the ending there is a line (Part of a line actually)- 'but there are much worse games to play' and I was like BAMM WHATTTT!!! What can I say except READ IT!

7. Perks Of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

The simplicity and yet the deepness of this book is the best thing about it. I have a full review of the book (here) where I tell why I LOVED the book. I don't know how to explain it now, its just beautiful and that is the only word I cam think of when I think about this book- Beautiful. So GO AND READ THIS BEAUTIFUL BOOK OKAY? OKAY!

....AND THAT'S IT! You should totally go and read all these books and wreck yourself and if you have read any of then then FANGIRL/BOY WITH ME ABOUT THEM PLUHHH-EEEEEZ!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment