Thursday 23 February 2017

The Sun is also a star: Bookchat



Hii! I am sure all of you have now read ‘The sun is also a star’ but if not then don’t go further because it’s going to be very spoilery. If you want to check my non-spoilery review then see my previous post or click Here.  So byeee non-spoilery buddies!

My Ratings: ★★★★★

I loved this book soo much and that won’t be enough to explain for what I feel about it. The whole concept of falling in love and scientifically proving it was just so amazing and it all was very new to me because I haven’t heard of any experiments regarding love but in the book it actually worked and I was wishing for it to work because Natasha and Daniel were Meant-to-be and the idea of them not loving each other was so horrifying to me.
I liked both of them a lot. They both were very different personalities but the way they were brought to life by Nicola Yoon was so exceptionally good that you have to love them. You just can’t not love them!

Another one of my favorite character was Irene. Though there is no background about her story but the future insight that we get in the end is just soo good and before reading that I was so desperate to know Irene’s story- if she got Natasha’s message or not, did she commit suicide, what happened to her?! And getting the answers to these questions was so satisfying. I was soo speculated by the idea that everyone has a story that we know nothing about and all these stories affect each other in some way or the other and when you start thinking more deeply about this, relating it to people you know, then there are just endless possibilities and questions! We ought to be good to people because we don’t know what they are going through and if they are bad then what made them be like that. We are all humans and we all have flaws and we have to understand it! This book was just so brilliant; I am actually falling short of words to describe it.

The best part for me in the book was its Epilogue. It made me cry especially the ending moment when Irene sees Natasha and goes to her, and Natasha says that she remembers her, then Daniel taking Natasha’s name and then the last words of the book,- ‘Daniel, Daniel.’ This moment was soooo heart wrenching. It was their destiny to be together. They were MEANT-TO-BE!

Another idea I can never get through was the idea of Multiverses, that there is a different universe, many different universes in fact where our life is different, and then the idea of how many different possibilities to this are hits you and you feel lost, lost in this universe of yours where you are currently living. We are all humans and maybe it’s our minds which want to grow out of the misery we are living in now that the smallest idea of such a thing is so appealing to us. The concept of Dark matter was also very fascinating to me and the way Daniel put it forward that Dark matter was nothing but love is just out of this world. It was at that moment that I actually fell in love with him. Such philosophical thoughts of Daniel were the best answers to Natasha’s scientific thoughts and Natasha and Daniel were just PERFECT!

I would love to know your thoughts about this book and your favorite moments of Natasha and Daniel and what you think about the ideas of Multiverses and Dark Matter.☺



No comments:

Post a Comment